Thursday, February 19, 2009

Think of the prestige. Think of the respect. Think of...the Tony!

The Tony Awards are to Broadway what the Oscars are to Hollywood, and anyone involved in the art will tell you that even if they aren't entirely devoted to the Great White Way as the best representation of good theatre, they're still curious about which shows are catching the eyes of the biggest critics in the industry.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't one of those people.

An ongoing series of future posts will feature shows receiving Tony buzz and any other Tony news that happens to pass my ears. While the nominees won't be officially announced until May 5th (the awards take place on June 7th), it's never too soon to start considering the top shows of the year.

I remain your Drama Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment