Monday, May 11, 2009

The theatre major: switching it on and off?

Some days, I feel like being a theatre major. I feel like singing at the top of my lungs and not caring what anyone thinks of me and dressing weird and being crazy and doing random things and talking in accents.

And some days, I really, really don't.

Maybe it's a switch inside of me that I've learned to turn on and off because I have so many other interests outside of theatre (another major and a minor, even), but there are times when I don't feel like being the outrageous person that theatre majors typically are.

Yesterday when we were striking the lights for The Time of Your Life on the Mainstage, everyone was singing songs from the recent workshop production of Songs for A New World and I just wasn't into it. I don't know why, I just didn't feel like it.

It makes me feel like I have some sort of personality disorder. And it also makes me feel like a crappy theatre person. But I guess it's better than I'm honest with myself, eh?

--DQ

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about doing music. Some days I just want to rock out forever and others I leave the guitars in the corner and do some other stuff haha. Don't worry, it happens to a lot of good people

    ReplyDelete