Saturday, March 14, 2009

She made a scandal and a start

Last semester, I took a class called Playwriting. It's not too hard to discern what the class was about. It was an absolute blast because I love love love to write, and our teacher, David White, is one of the most interesting, knowledgeable people I've ever met in my entire life. But, I digress.

The coursework consisted of us writing a 10-minute play and a one-act play, which we would then cast and read within the class and revise and read again. We also had the opportunity to submit them to young playwriting festivals in the area.

My friend, classmate and fellow theatre major, Janet, wrote an abstract play that is now being produced in the department during next fall's jam-packed season. She will direct it herself.

I've requested an interview with Janet, and hopefully can get in contact with her within the next few days and share her ideas with you. Stay tuned.

--DQ

No comments:

Post a Comment