Wednesday, March 25, 2009

You'll find forever, you've got to follow your heart

When and how did you find your passion?

It's not such a little-known fact that my passion is for theatre and everything about it, and that extends not only to performing, which is always a blast, but also to being a part of a production on a more personal level by adding something to it that can't be seen, like a costume or a set piece, or even researching the show. That's the magic of theatre; every little bit each person does comes together in the end to create this grand final product.

From my love of drama in high school, I sort of knew I'd always wanted to do theatre in college, but I didn't know I wanted to do theatre in college full time. The thought kind of scared me, actually, knowing that I'd be working directly with people whose interests lay within the same area, people who were probably better than me and knew way more about the field than I did.

I came into college as a Mass Comm major, and I don't regret that decision, because it's definitely one of my strengths and I've learned a lot about the field. But something was missing. Halfway through my sophomore year, I decided to give theatre a try. After hours of action-packed classes and invaluable experiences with some of the best faculty I've ever worked with, I haven't looked back.

When did you know that what you're doing now is your passion? How did you know, and did you sacrifice anything for it?

--Drama Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment